The options of streaming live never been more accessible. In other words, now you can broadcast even from your Smartphone, which is a very convenient way to engage with your followers. With so many options like Facebook Live and YouTube, it is essential to have something extra.
The quality of streaming live through a Smartphone is outstanding, especially of the quality of the camera used are amazing. In other words, you might need some extra gear to make it look professional.
In fact, I recommend a few gadgets to make it look and sound better. Consequently, these are a few options to help upgrade your equipment.
Certainly, the ability to include a casing to your Smartphone is fantastic, allowing you to add microphones, tripods, lens and a light. I love IOgrapher, helping you put together a fantastic broadcast system.
I recommend you using Multi Case for Mobile Phones for iPhone, Pixel, and Samsung. The reason I like this version is the ability to change the size and be able to use different phones, especially if you change your phone every year. IOgrapher also offers lenses which you can use directly on the case.
Indeed, the ability to add a tripod makes your phone steady and help you greatly with your streaming video. They are available many styles and of course different prices for all budgets from $10 to $500. Here are some of the best ones.
- Magnus VT-4000 Professional High-Performance Tripod System with Fluid Head.
- JOBY GorillaPod 3K Kit.
- Manfrotto PIXI Mini Tripod Kit with Universal Smartphone Clamp.
- Magnus VT-100 Tripod System with 2-Way Pan Head.
- AmazonBasics 60-Inch Lightweight Tripod with Bag.
To record and walk at the same time without the screen jumping around the best accessory to have is a Gimbal. They are marvelous mainly since they can focus on a person no matter if they move. Let’s share some:
- Snoppa Atom a Pocket Sized 3 axis Smartphone Handheld Gimbal Stabilizer.
- Zhiyun Smooth 4 3-Axis Handheld Gimbal Stabilizer w/Focus Pull & Zoom.
- MOZA Mini-S Gimbal Foldable Extendable 3 Axis Smartphone Gimbal..
Even though Smartphones includes a microphone, they might not bring the quality you expect. In other words, you will need a better microphone, and there are many available to improve your streaming video. Here are some of the best ones:
- Rode VideoMic Me Compact TRRS Cardioid Mini-Shotgun Microphone for Smartphones.
- BOYA BY-M1 3.5mm Electret Condenser Microphone.
- Movo WMIC10 2.4GHz Wireless Lavalier Microphone System.
- IK Multimedia iRig Pre microphone preamp for smartphones and tablets.
- Rode RodeLink FM Digital Wireless Filmmaker System.
Without a doubt, having good lighting is essential for a good quality of the video. Since there are ones that can be used on your Smartphone casing or can be set up for your studio. Once again, I will be giving a suggestion for both options.
- Digital SLR Camera Lighting.
- YONGNUO YN300 Air LED Camera Video Light.
- Aputure AL-M9 Amaran LED Mini Light on Camera Video Light.
- GODOX LED Video Light Mobilephone Lighting.
- LitraTorch – Premium On-Camera Photo and Video Compact Waterproof LED Light.
As I said before, you can stream directly from your phone, but if you add a few gadgets, it will improve your production significantly. Moreover, to learn more about streaming, I suggest you read the Checklist for a successful Facebook Live and 5 Reasons To Use Video On Social Media. To emphasize, these posts will help you grow your reach, providing better quality for your followers.
Follow these tips, and it will help improve your Social Media engagement.
Do you have any other tips to improve your video?
Please tell us at the comment section.
Written by Mark Nieves